Registration is currently closed.
To attend as a Walk-In please email firstname.lastname@example.org
IMH Statewide Training
Trauma and Support in the Perinatal Period
An overview of risk, resiliency and intervention related to trauma in the Perinatal period. The information should serve as a guide for clinicians and community providers to partner with women experiencing or recovering from trauma in and around the time of childbirth. Further, we will explore ways to partner with colleagues, communities and leadership to address vicarious trauma and self-care as a necessity in treating trauma-related experiences.
Katie Bresky, LMSW (Bio)
Clinical Social Worker, Michigan Medicine
Infant and Early Childhood Clinic, Women and Infants Mental Health Clinic
Date: Friday, July 26, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Registration begins at: 8:30 AM
This training is co-sponsored by MDHHS, MI-AIMH and the IMH Statewide Committee.
Statewide meetings include breakfast and lunch, important news and updates from MDHHS and MI-AIMH, a resource table, and a networking opportunity.
Location: Mt. Pleasant Comfort Inn & Suites, Hotel & Conference Center, 2424 S. Mission St., Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
Without the very generous and ongoing support from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services this incredible training opportunity would not be possible.
Continuing Education Information: 5.5 Clock Hours for –
Social Work – Approved for 5.5 Michigan SW CEU’s
IMH Endorsement® – Will count towards the requirements for the MI-AIMH Endorsement®
Licensed Professional Counselors – NBCC Hours – Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No.6867. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MI-AIMH is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Describe common experiences of trauma and loss in the perinatal period.
- Identify screening tools for use in assessment and treatment of Perinatal Trauma.
- Identify risk and warning signs in the perinatal period.
- Identify and describe 2-3 trauma informed intervention models or tools for use in clinical practice.
- Identify and describe the core components of trauma informed childbirth.
- Describe the impact of trauma on pregnancy and the infant-parent relationship.
- Observe and identify the role of secondary traumatic stress and vicarious trauma in trauma informed clinical practice.
- Identify and describe the role of self-care and reflective supervision in trauma informed clinical practice.
Pregnancy and Early Parenthood
Attachment, Separation, Trauma, Grief & Loss
Relationship-focused Therapeutic Practice
Observation and Listening
Registration Information –
Registration Fees: Non-Members – $80.00 | MI-AIMH Members – $65.00 | Current Students – $35.00
Additional $10 for Social Work/Professional Counselor Continuing Education
Registration fees include breakfast and lunch, important news and updates from MDHHS and MI-AIMH and a networking opportunity.
- To receive the MI-AIMH member registration rate, you will be asked to provide your MI-AIMH membership ID when you register. Your membership ID can be found on your My MI-AIMH profile.
- If you are NOT a current MI-AIMH member, but would like to become one and receive the reduced rate for training costs – please click here to get started: MI-AIMH membership
- If you need continuing education as a Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor, you will be required to enter your license # during the registration process – have it handy.
Last Day to Register – Wednesday, July 17, 2019
This training is limited to 70 seats. Registration is first come, first serve.
Cancellation policy: Notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing no later than 7 days prior to the event for a refund to be issued. Send notice to email@example.com
Note: Agency checks should be made payable to MI-AIMH. Please indicate the names of all staff attending the training and the name of the training.
Mail checks to: MI-AIMH, ATTN: Tiffanie Martinez, 13101 Allen Road, Southgate, MI 48195
For registration questions, contact Tiffanie Martinez at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-785-7705, Ext. 7617
Hotel Room Information:
There is a hotel room block available for those needing to stay overnight.
Mt. Pleasant Comfort Inn & Suites – King and Queen rooms available for $85 per night (does not include taxes). To make your reservation, call 989-772-4000, be sure to mention MI-AIMH to receive the group rate.
Here are the instructions for making a reservation within our room block:
- There is a limited number of rooms saved within this block and available on a first come first serve basis
- Rooms that are not used within our block will be released by 7/5/19
- If you have any issues with making your reservation, please contact the hotel directly