Registration is CLOSED!
When Balancing Feels Like Juggling: Supporting Infants & Toddlers in Foster Care and the Many Relationships Surrounding Them (Parts 1 & 2)
Due to large requests, we are pleased to offer this training again. Please note that if you have attended this training previously, you do not need to attend again. This training will explore the unique needs and perspectives to be considered when providing infant mental health informed services to infants, toddlers and families involved in the child welfare system. Professionals supporting these vulnerable children and families find themselves struggling to balance the many needs of the baby(ies), the parents and many caregivers and the array of professionals surrounding them. This training will include discussion around parental capacity (i.e. what really is good enough?), examples for how to talk with very young children about what is happening around them, and strategies for supporting families who exhibit concerning attachment behaviors. We will use lecture, case material, DVD resources and small group reflective experiences to grapple with the complexities of this important work together.
Dates: Sept. 28 & 29 and Oct. 21 & 22, 2020
*Attendees are expected to attend all four dates
Time: 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
Access: This will be offered through Zoom – Zoom link will be emailed so be careful when you register to enter your email correctly! Note, the Zoom link will NOT be sent out if payment has not been received.
Presenter: Faith Eidson, MSW, LMSW, IECMH-E®
IMPORTANT – in order to receive a certificate and/or Continuing Education you will need to have a Zoom account (which is free) logged in to view the training. We are able to export a report from Zoom which will track your attendance. When you are signed in, your name appears along with the amount of time you were on the Zoom call. Only those names that appear on the report will receive certificates with continuing education credits/clock hours. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Continuing Education Information – 11.0 training hours:
Social Work – Approved for 11.0 Michigan SW CEU’s
IMH Endorsement® – Will count towards the requirements for the MI-AIMH Endorsement®
NEW! Licensed Professional Counselors – NBCC Hours – Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No.6867. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MI-AIMH is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Learning Objectives – Participants will be able to:
- Describe each category of attachment in observable behaviors in the infant/toddler.
- Articulate clearly why attachment relationships are key when assessing children in foster care.
- Describe the stages of attachment relationships.
- Practice viewing an IMH foster care case through the experience of each person involved.
- Articulate the trauma symptoms for infants and toddlers.
- Leave with 3 concrete suggestions for best practice recommendations in IMH foster care cases.
- Name 3 evidence-based and/or research/supported IMH intervention possibilities for infants and toddlers in foster care and their caregivers.
- Leave training with ideas for “words to use,” when advocating on behalf of infants and toddlers in foster care and their families.
Key MI-AIMH Competencies addressed include: Attachment, Separation, Trauma & Loss; Family Relationships & Dynamics; Infant/young Child & Family-centered Practice; relationship-based, Therapeutic Practice; Observation & Listening; Parent-infant/very Young Child Relationship-based Therapies & Practices; Responding with Empathy; Contemplation; Curiosity; Emotional Response; Parallel Process
Registration Fees: Non-Members – $125.00 | MI-AIMH Members & Alliance State members – $110.00 | Current Students – $70.00 (current ID required to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
*Note – Zoom link will NOT be sent out if payment has not been received.
Additional $10 for Social Work/Professional Counselor Continuing Education – Michigan only
- If you need continuing education as a Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor, you will be required to enter your license # during the registration process – have it handy.
- Payment options during registration:
- You may select “Pay by Check” and be able to complete your registration easily.
- You may pay securely by credit card through PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account, the website will direct you through this process easily.
- You may select “Pay by Invoice”; the email included with the Billing information will be sent a confirmation of your registration order and can use that as an invoice.
Last Day to Register – September 23, 2020
Cancellation policy: Notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing no later than 7 days prior to the event for a refund to be issued. Send notice to email@example.com
Note: Agency checks should be made payable to MI-AIMH. Please indicate the names of all staff attending the training and the name of the training.
Mail checks to: MI-AIMH, ATTN: Tiffanie Martinez, 13101 Allen Road, Southgate, MI 48195
For registration questions, contact Tiffanie Martinez at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-516-0858
For those outside of MI: If you are interested in this training as a Train the Trainer model, please take a look the information on this flyer, contact information is included. Child Welfare Training flier_20200813