Registration is OPEN
Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network and MI-AIMH
Early Childhood Learning Series
A Discussion on Inclusion: Engaging Grandparents in IMH Practice
This training is sponsored generously by the Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network (DWHN). Therefore, training attendees need to be employed by a Detroit Wayne Infant Mental Health program and a registration code is required to register.
As Infant Mental Health home visitors it’s important to understand the development stages of the baby, while also recognizing that their caregivers are experiencing developmental stages. The unanticipated role of surrogate parent, or primary caregiver, can disrupt the normal life cycle for an older adult. This training will focus on inclusion and how IMH home visitors can engage grandparents in Infant Mental Health Services. This training will be interactive and will consider questions such as:
- How did this grandparent come into parenthood with their grandchild? Was it anticipated?
- What developmental stage is the infant/toddler in and how does this relate to the developmental stage of their grandparent?
- What cultural values and beliefs must the IMH home visitor consider when engaging in services with caregiver-child dyads that live in the grandparent’s home?
Date: September 23, 2021
Time: 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Access: Training will be offered through Zoom. A zoom link will be sent to registrants closer to the training. Be careful when entering your email address so that it is correct.
IMPORTANT – in order to receive a certificate and/or Continuing Education you will need to have a Zoom account (which is free) logged in to view the training. We are able to export a report from Zoom which will track your attendance. When you are signed in, your name appears along with the amount of time you were on the Zoom call. Only those names that appear on the report will receive certificates with continuing education credits/clock hours. Additionally, it is expected that attendees have video camera’s on for the majority of the training, this is how we can verify your presence and participation for continuing education. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Danielle Rice, LMSW, MSA, IMH-E®
- Participants will be able to identify and describe unique issues faced by grandparents raising their grandchildren and develop strategies to address these issues.
- Participants will be able to identify developmental tasks of older adult caregivers that may be create challenges in parenting.
- Participants will learn strategies to help grand families navigate service delivery systems and obtain support.
Continuing Education Information: 3.0 training hours
Social Work – Approved for 3.0 Michigan SW CEU’s
IMH Endorsement® – Will count towards the requirements for the MI-AIMH Endorsement®
NEW! Licensed Professional Counselors – NBCC Hours – Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No.6867. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MI-AIMH is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Key MI-AIMH Competencies addressed include:
This training is sponsored generously by the Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network (DWIHN). Therefore, training attendees need to be employed by a Detroit Wayne Infant Mental Health program and a registration code is required to register. If you work outside of Detroit-Wayne County and are interested in the training topic, please contact Tiffanie Martinez email@example.com, MI-AIMH Communications and Training Specialist, about the possibility of bringing this trainer to your area.
Registration deadlines: Registration will close on September 20, 2021
For registration questions, contact Tiffanie Martinez at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-516-0858