Registration is CLOSED – if you would like to attend as a walk-in, please email Tiffanie at email@example.com
Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority and MI-AIMH – Early Childhood Learning Series
Let’s Talk Development! Birth to Six Years Old
In this two day training, an Occupational Therapist and a Speech Pathologist will guide us through developmental milestones for children 0-6 years old. They will share red flags for when young children need to be referred for further assessment. This training will cover development in the areas of cognition/play, self-help/adaptive, gross motor, fine motor, and speech and language skills. Videos and case studies/examples will be used to facilitate understanding.
Date: Monday, April 1 and Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, both days
Registration begins at: 8:30 AM
Location: The Guidance Center, Center For Excellence (bldg 2), 13111 Allen Rd., Southgate, MI 48195
Presenters: Erin Gramlich, MA, CCC-SLP, SC, ITC-Loudoun and Heather Tavares, OTR/SC, Clinical Supervisor, ITC-Loudoun
- Gain an understanding of each of the areas of development.
- Gain an understanding of typical development in each of those areas.
- Apply knowledge of social-emotional development to each area of development
- Identify typical skills though observation of videos.
- Help families understand how all areas of development interconnect.
- Identify red flags throughout those six years.
- Understand when and to whom to refer.
- Help families gain a general understanding of development and why a referral may be necessary.
- Gain insight in how to have difficult conversations with families
- Apply new information to case studies and identify areas of concern
- Gain resources for self-reference.
- Gain family-friendly resources to provide to families.
- Gain ideas to help families create developmentally appropriate activities with things they have in the home.
Continuing Education Information – 11.0 training hours:
Social Work – Approved for 5.5 Michigan SW CEU’s
IMH Endorsement® – Will count towards the requirements for the MI-AIMH Endorsement®
NEW! Licensed Professional Counselors – NBCC Hours – Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No.6867. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MI-AIMH is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Key MI-AIMH Competencies addressed include:
Infant/Young Child Development & Behavior
Infant/Young Child/Family Centered Practice
Family Relationships and Dynamics
Service Delivery Systems
Observation and Listening
Empathy & Compassion
Exercising Sound Judgment
Planning & Organizing
This training is sponsored generously by the Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority (DWMHA). Therefore, training attendees need to be employed by a Detroit Wayne Infant Mental Health program and a coupon code is required to register. If you work outside of Detroit-Wayne County and are interested in the training topic, please contact Tiffanie Martinez firstname.lastname@example.org, MI-AIMH Communications and Training Specialist, about the possibility of bringing this trainer to your area.
-Priority registration for Detroit Wayne Infant Mental Health program professionals ends March 18, 2019 at 9:00 am
-Registration will be open for other early childhood professionals within Detroit Wayne County from March 18 – 25, 2019
-Registration for everyone will close March 25, 2019
For registration questions, contact Tiffanie Martinez at: email@example.com or 734-785-7705, Ext. 7617