Registration is OPEN, there are only a couple seats left!
An Introduction to Infant Mental Health Theory and Practice for Home Visitors
IMH 3-Day Training
This training provides Infant Mental Health Home Visiting professionals the opportunity to share and learn about their work through video, group discussion, and clinical observations. participants will consider new ways of working with infants, toddlers, and families that support parent infant relationships. An overview of Infant Mental Health theory, attachment, strategies, assessment, and interventions will be discussed and practiced.
MI-AIMH is committed to to offering this training on an annual basis. Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity now!
Dates, Times & Speakers: (*note original dates were April and May prior to COVID)
-Friday, October 9, 2020: 9:30am – 4:30pm. Presented by Carol Oleksiak, LMSW, IMH-E®
-Tuesday, October 20, 2020: 9:30am – 4:30pm. Presented by Karol Wilson, LMSW, IMH-E® and Kassandra Maple, LMSW, IMH-E®
-Monday, November 9, 2020: 9:30am – 4:30pm. Presented by Carol Oleksiak, LMSW, IMH-E® & Rebecca Wheeler, MSW, IMH-E®
Attendance is required at all three days.
Access: This training will now be offered virtually via Zoom and not in person.
Please note that only those that are registered for this training and have paid the training fee will receive the Zoom link via email. Be careful to enter your email correctly during registration.
Continuing Education Information – 16.5 training hours:
Social Work – Approved for 16.5 Michigan SW CEU’s
IMH Endorsement® – Will count towards the requirements for the MI-AIMH Endorsement®
NEW! Licensed Professional Counselors – NBCC Hours – Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No.6867. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MI-AIMH is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Materials: Materials will be provided via email
Key MI-AIMH Competencies:
– Infant/Young Child and Family Centered Practice
– Relationship-based, Therapeutic Practice
– Cultural Competence
– Attachment, Separation, Trauma, & Loss
– Family Relationships & Dynamics
– Responding with Empathy
– Observation and Listening
– Supporting Others
– Supportive Counseling (Levels III, IV)
– Empathy & Compassion
– Parent-Infant/Young Child Relationship-based Therapies & Practices (Levels III, IV)
– Building & Maintaining Relationships
– Psychotherapeutic & Behavioral Theories of Change (Levels III, IV)
– Self awareness, contemplation, emotional response
Registration Fees: $255 ($85/day) for Non-Members, $195 ($65/day) for MI-AIMH members, $135 ($45/day) for Students, $10 for continuing education
*Students must provide valid student ID.
Registration deadline: October 2, 2020. This training is limited to 50 seats. Registration is first come, first serve.
Cancellation policy: Notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing no later than 7 days prior to the event for a refund to be issued.
Payment Info and Options:
1. Credit Card online via PayPal – when you register you can choose to pay at the same time through PayPal. Note you do NOT need to have a PayPal account in order to use this process.
2. Check – Please make checks payable to MI-AIMH. Indicate the names of all staff attending the training.
Mail checks to: MI-AIMH, ATTN: Tiffanie Martinez, 13101 Allen Road, Southgate, MI 48195
3. The Zoom link will only be sent if payment is received.
*You can complete your online registration and select “pay by check”, finalize your registration and then mail in your check payment.
For registration questions, contact Tiffanie Martinez at: