Registration is OPEN
Tackling Hard Conversations in the Reflective Supervision Relationship
This training will focus on the provision of reflective supervision and we welcome those providing RS to staff, interns, or other programs such as Head Start, Early On, Parents as Teachers etc. In this training, we will talk about what gets in the way of us being comfortable to have hard conversations. We will consider the different ways we can approach hard conversations depending on personality, reflective capacity, our own comfort with conflict etc. Be ready to dive into conversation around power dynamics and relationships. This training will be very interactive with small group discussion and clinical examples.
Date: December 9, 2021
Times: 9am – 4pm (Eastern Standard Time)
Access: This training will be offered virtually through Zoom.
* Be careful to enter your email carefully and correctly as that is where the Zoom link will be sent as well as your certificate. Certificates will be sent within two weeks ONLY to those that have paid for the training by that time.
Presenters: Kristina Figaro, LMSW, IMH-E® and Chy’Leetzia Johnson,LPC, IMH-E®
1. List 1-3 barriers supervisors face in regard to approaching “hard conversations.”
2. Explain the importance of integrating an understanding of Psychological safety techniques into their supervision practice.
3. Identify 1-3 strategies they can employ to increase their capacity for difficult conversations in supervision.
4. Identify 1-4 screening/ assessment tools that can be used to enhance collaboration within supervisory relationship.
5. Explain Power dynamics and how they impact Reflective Supervision.
6. Identify 1-5 methods that they will utilize to support reduction of compassion fatigue for themselves.
Continuing Education Information – 5.5 training hours:
Social Work – Approved for 5.5 Michigan SW CEU’s
IMH Endorsement® – Will count towards the requirements for the MI-AIMH Endorsement®
NEW! Licensed Professional Counselors – NBCC Hours – Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No.6867. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MI-AIMH is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Key MI-AIMH Competencies addressed include:
Cultural Competence; Observation and Listening; Reflective Supervision; Supporting Others; Building & Maintaining Relationships; Collaborating; Resolving Conflict; Mentoring; Self Awareness; Parallel Process;
Fees: $80 for Non-Members, $65 for MI-AIMH & Alliance State members, $10 for continuing education.
Registration deadline: December 3, 2021.
- To receive the MI-AIMH member registration rate, you will be asked to provide your MI-AIMH membership ID when you register. Your membership ID can be found on your My MI-AIMH profile.
- If you are NOT a current MI-AIMH member, but would like to become one and receive the reduced rate for training costs – please click here to get started: MI-AIMH membership
- If you need continuing education as a Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor, you will be required to enter your license # during the registration process – have it handy.
Cancellation policy: Notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing no later than 7 days prior to the event for a refund to be issued.
Payment Info and Options:
1. Credit Card online via PayPal – when you register you can choose to pay at the same time through PayPal. Note you do NOT need to have a PayPal account in order to use this process – you can pay and finalize your registration as a “guest” on PayPal.
2. Check – Make checks payable to MI-AIMH. Indicate the names of all staff attending the training.
Mail checks to: MI-AIMH, ATTN: Tiffanie Martinez, 13101 Allen Road, Southgate, MI 48195
*You can complete your online registration and select “pay by check”, finalize your registration and then mail in your check payment.
For registration questions, contact Laura Sheldon at: firstname.lastname@example.org