Registration is OPEN!
Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority and MI-AIMH – Early Childhood Learning Series
Infant Mental Health During Pregnancy and the Newborn Period
This training will present information related to pregnancy and early parenting. Trainers will lead us in a discussion of infant mental health intervention with pregnancy and newly parenting families, This training will be facilitated through group activities, video an clinical case examples.
Date: Thursday, February 15, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Registration begins at: 8:30 AM
Location: The Guidance Center, Center For Excellence (bldg 2), 13111 Allen Rd., Southgate, MI 48195
Presenter: Chy’Leetzia Johnson, MA, LPC, IMH-E® and Rebecca Wheeler, LMSW, IMH-E®
- To understand a basic overview of fetal and maternal development during pregnancy and the newborn period.
- To learn relationship focused intervention strategies to promote attachment during pregnancy and the newborn period.
- To explore common emotional responses of the therapist to Infant Mental Health work with expecting and new parents, using reflective practice to inform your work.
- To understand family dynamics through case studies and learn about strategies to be used in working with expecting and new families.
- To be able to keep the baby central to the work during pregnancy and the newborn period.
- To explore common issues and intervention options encountered in Infant Mental Health work with expecting and new parents.
Continuing Education Information – 5.5 training hours:
Social Work – Approved for 5.5 Michigan SW CEU’s
IMH Endorsement® – Will count towards the requirements for the MI-AIMH Endorsement®
NEW! Licensed Professional Counselors – NBCC Hours – Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No.6867. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MI-AIMH is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Key MI-AIMH Competencies addressed include: Developmental guidance; Relationship-based therapeutic practice; Self-awareness; Observation and listening; Family relationships and dynamics; Pregnancy and Early Parenthood
This training is sponsored generously by the Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority (DWMHA). Therefore, training attendees need to be employed by a Detroit Wayne Infant Mental Health program and a coupon code is required to register. If you work outside of Detroit-Wayne County and are interested in the training topic, please contact Tiffanie Martinez email@example.com, MI-AIMH Communications and Training Specialist, about the possibility of bringing this trainer to your area.
-Priority registration for Detroit Wayne Infant Mental Health program professionals ends January 31, 2018
-Registration will be open for other early childhood professionals within Detroit Wayne County from Feb. 1 – Feb 8, 2018
-Registration for everyone will close Feb. 8, 2018
For registration questions, contact Tiffanie Martinez at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-785-7705, Ext. 7617