Add MI-AIMH as Your Browser’s Homepage!
MI-AIMH is trying hard to reach out to all those interested in our initiatives and resources as well as those generally interested in infant mental health. Here are two ways to stay connect via the Internet!
1.) Facebook MI-AIMH!— If you are a Facebook user in your free time, you can ‘like’ MI-AIMH’s homepage by simply searching for ‘Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health’ on Facebook. At the top of the page, there should be a thumbs-up icon that says ‘Like’ next to it. We update this page regularly and anyone can join our page. I invite you to use the discussion section of the webpage to start and continue conversations revolving around infant mental health.
2.) Make MI-AIMH your Browser’s Homepage!—You can have MI-AIMH pop up as your homepage website when you click on your browser for easy access and daily use. The directions are listed below for both PC and Mac users using Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer. Setting it as your homepage helps MI-AIMH as well! For every "hit" or click MI-AIMH gets on its website, our Google Ads ranking goes up and therefore makes MI-AIMH, our products, and services more visible to internet users.
All directions start with the following directions:
a. Click on the browser you wish to open to start.
b. Type in http://www.mi-aimh.org.
c. Proceed to the following directions based on which browser you have opened.
How to Set Your Browser Start Page in Firefox (PC)
1. At the top of your browser window, you’ll see the Firefox tool bar (this includes the words "File", "Edit", etc.). Click on Tools, then Options.
2. The popup window will open up with the default option of General. At the top of the window, you’ll see "Home Page Locations." If you’re satisfied with the page you’re currently at and would like to set it as your Home Page, click on "Use Current Page."
How To Set Your Browser Start Page in Internet Explorer (PC)
1. Go to toolbar at the top of browser, and click on "Tools", then "Internet Options".
2. At the top of the pop-up, you’ll see a "Home Page" box. The address of the site that you are currently at (http://www.google.com) is there. Press the "Use Current" button to specify this page as your home page.
How to Set Your Browser to MI-AIHM in Safari (PC)
1. Open Safari and click "Edit" from the menu at the top of the screen. Then click "Preferences" to open a menu full of Safari options.
2. Select the "General" tab and locate the box labeled "Home Page" near the center of your screen.
3. Type or paste the URL of the website you would like to make your new homepage. You can also select the "Set to current page" to set the current page you’re browsing as your new homepage.
4. Exit out of the Preferences menu and restart Safari. You should see your new homepage.
Safari Preferences for a Mac User
1. Click "Safari" on the menu bar in the top left corner of the screen.
2. Click "Preferences" on the submenu and click the "General" tab in the Preferences window.
3. Highlight the URL in the "Home Page" field and press the "Delete" key on your keyboard to erase the current URL. Type http://www.mi-aimh.org into the blank field. Alternately, click the "Set to Current Page" button underneath the "Home Page" field to set your home page as the current website displayed in your browser window.
4. Click the red button in the top left corner of the General window to save the settings and exit the window.
Firefox Preferences for a Mac User
1. Drag the icon in front of the URL to the "Home" icon in the browser window.
2. Click the "Yes" button on the dialog box to confirm you wish to set the current website as your new default homepage