Registration is OPEN
Reflective Supervisors Need Oxygen Too!
When you travel by air, the flight attendant gives instructions to passengers on the importance of using their oxygen mask when there is a reduction in cabin pressure, making it difficult to breathe. This is an essential aspect for ensuring both safety and survival. We know that if we don’t have oxygen, we can’t help anyone else with their oxygen mask. This concept holds true for supervisors who support home visitors and families with young children. This workshop will examine what is needed for a supervisor to provide ongoing reflective support to staff. Opportunities for poignant discussion from both videos and vignettes, will be used to help us to think more deeply about the holding environment we strive to create and the families we serve.
This training will be for those providing individual or group reflective supervision. It is expected that attendees have received their own reflective supervision as well as provided reflective supervision to at least one professional. This training is intended for anyone who is looking to deepen their own Reflective Supervision Skills and to feel more supported in the work they do.
Date: Friday, August 9, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM (this will allow a 90-minute lunch break)
Check-in begins at: 8:30 AM
Location: Agro Liquid, 1130 South Dewitt Rd., St. Johns, MI 48879
Please note that registration is also open for the November 7, 2019 “Reflective Supervision: The Use of Rupture and Repair to Further Relationship-Based IMH Practice – click here for details: Reflective Supervision: Use of Rupture & Repair
- Identify the cause/effect of vulnerability in both supervisor and supervisee using the RIOS framework.
- Examine the intensity and impact of the current climate on relationships.
- Identify tools to support what’s needed to be fully present.
- Increase awareness of own styles and struggles as a supervisor.
- Examine the content of discussion between supervisor and supervisee using the five core essential elements of RIOS.
- Identify internal capacity of reflective functioning with introduction of the PRPAS.
Continuing Education Information – 5.5 training hours:
Social Work – Approved for 5.5 Michigan SW CEU’s
IMH Endorsement® – Will count towards the requirements for the MI-AIMH Endorsement®
NEW! Licensed Professional Counselors – NBCC Hours – Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No.6867. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MI-AIMH is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Key MI-AIMH Competencies addressed include:
-Relationship Focused Therapeutic Practice
Registration Information –
Registration Fees: Non-Members – $80.00 | MI-AIMH Members – $65.00
Additional $10 for Social Work/Professional Counselor Continuing Education
- To receive the MI-AIMH member registration rate, you will be asked to provide your MI-AIMH membership ID when you register. Your membership ID can be found on your My MI-AIMH profile.
- If you are NOT a current MI-AIMH member, but would like to become one and receive the reduced rate for training costs – please click here to get started: MI-AIMH membership
- If you need continuing education as a Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor, you will be required to enter your license # during the registration process – have it handy.
Last Day to Register – Wednesday, July 31, 2019
This training is limited to 50 seats. Registration is first come, first serve.
Cancellation policy: Notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing no later than 7 days prior to the event for a refund to be issued. Send notice to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Agency checks should be made payable to MI-AIMH. Please indicate the names of all staff attending the training and the name of the training.
Mail checks to: MI-AIMH, ATTN: Tiffanie Martinez, 13101 Allen Road, Southgate, MI 48195
For registration questions, contact Tiffanie Martinez at: email@example.com or 734-785-7705, Ext. 7617
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites (20 minutes from venue) – 2924 West Rd., East Lansing, MI 48823 – (517) 333-2633
To make a reservation, call (517) 333-2633
- block is under “Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health”
- King and Double rooms discounted to $99.00 per night
- Deadline for group rate available is July 18th (I will try and get this extended)
- Agroliquid does have a handful of hotel rooms available on-site – you can contact them directly at (989) 227-3803 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other hotels in St. John can be found here: Local hotels