Registration is OPEN!
Reflective Supervision: The Use of Rupture & Repair to Further
Relationship-Based IMH Practice, Part II
This workshop, a follow up to Part I offered in November 2019, however we would encourage you to attend even if you did not attend Part I. The training will provide participants with an opportunity to deepen their focus on the use of rupture and repair in reflective supervision. Participants will be able to practice the use of rupture and repair within the context of reflective supervision and identify the ways in which this practice can further their relationships with their supervisees as well as support their supervisees’ use of reflective practice skills with infants, toddlers and families.
This training will be for those providing individual or group reflective supervision. It is expected that attendees have received their own reflective supervision as well as provided reflective supervision to at least one professional. This training is intended for anyone who is looking to deepen their reflective practice skills and explore the ways that challenges in the supervisory relationship can pave the way for relational growth.
Dates: November 30th and December 1st, 2020
Time: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm EST
Presenter: Sarah Shea, PhD, LMSW, IECMH-E® Sarah Shea Bio
Access: This will be offered through Zoom – Zoom link will be emailed so be careful when you register to enter your email correctly!
IMPORTANT – in order to receive a certificate and/or Continuing Education you will need to have a Zoom account (which is free) logged in to view the training. We are able to export a report from Zoom which will track your attendance. When you are signed in, your name appears along with the amount of time you were on the Zoom call. Only those names that appear on the report will receive certificates (within 2 weeks after the training) with continuing education credits/clock hours. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
- Participants will be able to identify common causes of ruptures in the context of supervisory relationships.
- Participants will be able to use self-awareness when identifying the types of ruptures which they find to be most challenging to navigate.
- Participants will be able to describe the ways in which ruptures may be unconscious communications about broader relationship, identity, and systemic issues.
- Participants will be able to identify strategies for repairing ruptures in the context of supervisory relationships.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate the use of repair strategies in response to specific types of supervisory ruptures.
- Participants will describe the ways in which they can use rupture and repair as a means of furthering their relationship-based work in the context of reflective supervision.
Continuing Education Information – 6.0 training hours:
Social Work – Approved for 6.0 Michigan SW CEU’s
IMH Endorsement® – Will count towards the requirements for the MI-AIMH Endorsement®
NEW! Licensed Professional Counselors – NBCC Hours – Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No.6867. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MI-AIMH is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Key MI-AIMH Competencies addressed include:
Relationship Focused Therapeutic Practice
Registration Information –
Registration Fees: Non-Members – $70.00 | MI-AIMH Members – $55.00
Additional $10 for Social Work/Professional Counselor Continuing Education
- To receive the MI-AIMH member registration rate, you will be asked to provide your MI-AIMH membership ID when you register. Your membership ID can be found on your My MI-AIMH profile.
- If you are NOT a current MI-AIMH member, but would like to become one and receive the reduced rate for training costs – please click here to get started: MI-AIMH membership
- If you need continuing education as a Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor, you will be required to enter your license # during the registration process – have it handy.
Last Day to Register – Tuesday, November 24, 2020
Cancellation policy: Notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing no later than 7 days prior to the event for a refund to be issued. Send notice to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Agency checks should be made payable to MI-AIMH. Please indicate the names of all staff attending the training and the name of the training.
Mail checks to: MI-AIMH, ATTN: Tiffanie Martinez, 13101 Allen Road, Southgate, MI 48195
For registration questions, contact Tiffanie Martinez at: email@example.com