Registration is currently CLOSED – if you are interested in possibly attending as a walk-in please email Tiffanie Martinez at email@example.com
IMH Statewide Training
Screening and Support for Infants and Toddlers Who Have Experienced Trauma
Almost half of all children have experienced at least one traumatic event before the age of 5, and yet often trauma experiences and symptoms that impact very young children go undetected, and unsupported. In this workshop we will review trauma screening tools appropriate for use with young children and will learn about how to observe and assess trauma symptoms in infants, toddlers, and very young children. Additionally, we will explore approaches to diagnosis and treatment and will use video to practice identification of trauma symptoms.
Throughout the presentation there will be an emphasis on practical strategies for working with young children and their families who have experienced traumatic event(s) in order to promote healing.
Presenter: Kate Rosenblum, PhD,
Professor Departments of Psychiatry and Obstetrics & Gynecology Co-Director,
Women & Infants Mental Health Program and Zero to Thrive
Michigan Medicine, University of Michigan
Date: Tuesday, March 5, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Registration begins at: 8:30 AM
This training is co-sponsored by MDHHS, MI-AIMH and the IMH Statewide Committee.
Statewide meetings include breakfast and lunch, important news and updates from MDHHS and MI-AIMH, a resource table, and a networking opportunity.
Location: Mt. Pleasant Comfort Inn & Suites, Hotel & Conference Center, 2424 S. Mission St., Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
Without the very generous and ongoing support from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services this incredible training opportunity would not be possible.
Continuing Education Information: 5.5 Clock Hours for –
Social Work – Approved for 5.5 Michigan SW CEU’s
IMH Endorsement® – Will count towards the requirements for the MI-AIMH Endorsement®
Licensed Professional Counselors – NBCC Hours – Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No.6867. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MI-AIMH is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Describe the types of trauma and loss experiences that affect infants and young children
- Determine appropriate screening tools for identifying trauma and loss experiences in infants, young children and caregivers
- Observe and identify trauma and loss symptoms in young children
- Use trauma screening as an opportunity to build a therapeutic relationship
- Implement strategies for supporting parents/caregivers and young children who have experienced trauma and/or loss.
- Find and access tools and resources to support their work with parents/caregivers and young children who have experienced trauma and/or loss
Attachment, Separation, Trauma, Grief & Loss
Parent-Infant/Young Child Relationship-based Therapies & Practices
Infant/Young Child/Family Centered Practice
Family Relationships and Dynamics
Relationship-focused Therapeutic Practice
Registration Information –
Registration Fees: $80.00 for non-members, $65.00 for MI-AIMH members, $35.00 for students, $10 for Social Work/Professional Counselor Continuing Education . ***Students – please contact Tiffanie Martinez firstname.lastname@example.org for a code to register at the student rate BEFORE starting the registration process.
Registration fees include breakfast and lunch, important news and updates from MDHHS and MI-AIMH and a networking opportunity.
- To receive the MI-AIMH member registration rate, you will be asked to provide your MI-AIMH membership ID when you register. Your membership ID can be found on your My MI-AIMH profile.
- If you are NOT a current MI-AIMH member, but would like to become one and receive the reduced rate for training costs – please click here to get started: MI-AIMH membership
- If you need continuing education as a Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor, you will be required to enter your license # during the registration process – have it handy.
Last Day to Register – Friday, February 22, 2019
This training is limited to 70 seats. Registration is first come, first serve.
Cancellation policy: Notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing no later than 7 days prior to the event for a refund to be issued. Send notice to email@example.com
Note: Agency checks should be made payable to MI-AIMH. Please indicate the names of all staff attending the training and the name of the training.
Mail checks to: MI-AIMH, ATTN: Tiffanie Martinez, 13101 Allen Road, Southgate, MI 48195
For registration questions, contact Tiffanie Martinez at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-785-7705, Ext. 7617
Hotel Room Information:
There is a hotel room block available for those needing to stay overnight.
Mt. Pleasant Comfort Inn & Suites – King and Queen rooms available for $79 per night (does not include taxes). To make your reservation, call 989-772-4000, be sure to mention MI-AIMH to receive the group rate.
Here are the instructions for making a reservation within our room block:
- There is a limited number of rooms saved within this block and available on a first come first serve basis
- Rooms that are not used within our block will be released by 2/11/19
- If you have any issues with making your reservation, please contact the hotel directly