Registration is currently closed.
If you are interested in attending this training as a walk-in or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority and MI-AIMH – Early Childhood Learning Series
Supporting Sensory Processing Needs in Infant Mental Health
This training will explore the unique challenges when working with children and families with sensory processing needs. Clinicians will be walked through an assessment tool that will better inform their strategies and relationship based work. A case presentation will be used to highlight the role of the Infant Mental Health clinician and will provide insight for sensory informed interventions while supporting the parent-child relationship.
Date: Thursday, August 2, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Registration begins at: 8:30 AM
Location: The Guidance Center, Center For Excellence (bldg 2), 13111 Allen Rd., Southgate, MI 48195
Presenters: Danielle Davey, LLMSW, IMH-E® and Sandra Glovak, OTR
1. Participants will gain a better understanding of sensory processing needs, disorders and integration in infants and young children.
2. Participants will begin to integrate an understanding of what a child/infant brings to the relationship from a sensory processing disorder perspective.
3. Participants will be better able to answer the question, “Is this sensory, or is it behavior”?
4. Participants will have at least 3 hands on tools to apply to children with sensory dysregulation.
5. Participants will have more language to talk with families about sensory processing needs. As well as support caregivers to put words to their children’s sensory experiences and needs.
6. Participants will learn relationship focused interventions to address children and families sensory processing needs.
Continuing Education Information – 5.5 training hours:
Social Work – Approved for 5.5 Michigan SW CEU’s
IMH Endorsement® – Will count towards the requirements for the MI-AIMH Endorsement®
NEW! Licensed Professional Counselors – NBCC Hours – Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No.6867. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MI-AIMH is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Key MI-AIMH Competencies addressed include:
-Infant/Young Child Development & Behavior
-Infant/Young Child/Family Centered Practice
-Disorders of Infancy/Early Childhood
-Screening and Assessment
-Observation and Listening
-Responding with Empathy
This training is sponsored generously by the Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority (DWMHA). Therefore, training attendees need to be employed by a Detroit Wayne Infant Mental Health program and a coupon code is required to register. If you work outside of Detroit-Wayne County and are interested in the training topic, please contact Tiffanie Martinez email@example.com, MI-AIMH Communications and Training Specialist, about the possibility of bringing this trainer to your area.
-Priority registration for Detroit Wayne Infant Mental Health program professionals ends July 23, 2018 at 9:00 am
-Registration will be open for other early childhood professionals within Detroit Wayne County from July 23 – 27, 2018
-Registration for everyone will close July 27, 2018
For registration questions, contact Tiffanie Martinez at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-785-7705, Ext. 7617