Registration is CLOSED. If you are interested in attending as a Walk-In please email Tiffanie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network and MI-AIMH –
Early Childhood Learning Series
The Infant Mental Health Professional and The Child Protection Legal System
This day-long continuing education seminar will provide an overview of Michigan’s child protection system from child maltreatment reporting, to court filing, foster care placement and termination of parental rights. In addition to providing an overview of the process, we will cover how an IMH professional can best work with others in the system, including protective services and foster care caseworkers, lawyers, referees and judges. We will address how you can be an effective advocate within the system for your clients. This session will cover effective report writing. We will also address preparing to testify in court and testifying.
Date: Friday, November 22, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Registration begins at: 8:30 AM
Location: The Guidance Center, Center for Excellence Building (#2), 13111 Allen Rd., Southgate, MI 48195
Presenter: Frank E. Vandervort, JD
- Attendees will obtain a basic understanding of the legal requirements of mandated reporting of suspected child maltreatment as well as CPS investigative procedures in Michigan.
- Attendees will obtain a basic understanding of the child protection court process in Michigan.
- Attendees will understand how to effectively advocate for clients within the child protection court process.
- Attendees will gain information about working within the legal system, with lawyers and judicial officers.
- Attendees will gain skills in effective report writing for the legal process.
- Attendees will learn how to prepare for and present in-court testimony.
Continuing Education Information – 5.5 training hours:
Social Work – Approved for 5.5 Michigan SW CEU’s
IMH Endorsement® – Will count towards the requirements for the MI-AIMH Endorsement®
NEW! Licensed Professional Counselors – NBCC Hours – Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No.6867. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MI-AIMH is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Key MI-AIMH Competencies addressed include:
This training is sponsored generously by the Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network (DWIHN). Therefore, training attendees need to be employed by a Detroit Wayne Infant Mental Health program and a coupon code is required to register. If you work outside of Detroit-Wayne County and are interested in the training topic, please contact Tiffanie Martinez email@example.com, MI-AIMH Communications and Training Specialist, about the possibility of bringing this trainer to your area.
Registration deadlines: Registration will close on November 18th.
For registration questions, contact Tiffanie Martinez at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-785-7705, Ext. 7617