Registration is closed!
If you would like to attend as a Walk-In
please contact Tiffanie at email@example.com
The first 35 people that register & attend will receive a
FREE Pregnancy Wheel – MI-AIMH’s newest product
An Introduction to Infant Mental Health Theory and Practice for Home Visitors
IMH 3-Day Training
This training provides Infant Mental Health Home Visiting professionals the opportunity to share and learn about their work through video, group discussion, and clinical observations. participants will consider new ways of working with infants, toddlers, and families that support parent infant relationships. An overview of Infant Mental Health theory, attachment, strategies, assessment, and interventions will be discussed and practiced.
MI-AIMH is committed to to offering this training on an annual basis. We anticipate that this training will not be held again until Spring/Summer 2020. Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity now!
Dates, Times & Speakers:
-Tuesday, October 16, 2018: 9:30am – 4:30pm. Presented by Carol Oleksiak, LMSW, IMH-E® & Karol Wilson, LMSW, IMH-E®
-Wednesday, October 17, 2018: 9:30am – 4:30pm. Presented by Carol Oleksiak, LMSW, IMH-E® & Karol Wilson, LMSW, IMH-E®
-Friday, November 9, 2018: 9:30am – 4:30pm. Presented by Carol Oleksiak, LMSW, IMH-E® & Rebecca Wheeler, MSW, IMH-E®
Registration begins at: 9:00 am each day
Attendance is required at all three days.
Agroliquid – 1130 South Dewitt Rd., St. Johns, MI 48879.
Hotel Room Block:
Info coming soon
Continuing Education Information – 16.5 training hours:
Social Work – Approved for 16.5 Michigan SW CEU’s
IMH Endorsement® – Will count towards the requirements for the MI-AIMH Endorsement®
NEW! Licensed Professional Counselors – NBCC Hours – Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No.6867. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MI-AIMH is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Materials: Materials will be provided via email with instructions and the remainder will be provided on-site.
Key MI-AIMH Competencies:
– Infant/Young Child and Family Centered Practice
– Relationship-based, Therapeutic Practice
– Cultural Competence
– Attachment, Separation, Trauma, & Loss
– Family Relationships & Dynamics
– Responding with Empathy
– Observation and Listening
– Supporting Others
– Supportive Counseling (Levels III, IV)
– Empathy & Compassion
– Parent-Infant/Young Child Relationship-based Therapies & Practices (Levels III, IV)
– Building & Maintaining Relationships
– Psychotherapeutic & Behavioral Theories of Change (Levels III, IV)
– Self awareness, contemplation, emotional response
Registration Fees: $225 ($75/day) for Non-Members, $195 ($65/day) for MI-AIMH members, $105 ($35/day) for Students, $10 for continuing education
*Students must provide valid student ID. To have access to the student fee, please email Tiffanie to receive special instructions, firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration deadline: October 9, 2018. This training is limited to 50 seats. Registration is first come, first serve.
The first 35 registrants that attend the training will receive the NEW MI-AIMH Pregnancy Wheel!
Cancellation policy: Notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing no later than 7 days prior to the event for a refund to be issued.
1. Credit Card online via PayPal – when you register you can choose to pay at the same time through PayPal. Note you do NOT need to have a PayPal account in order to use this process.
2. Check – Please make checks payable to MI-AIMH. Indicate the names of all staff attending the training.
Mail checks to: MI-AIMH, ATTN: Tiffanie Martinez, 13101 Allen Road, Southgate, MI 48195
*You can complete your online registration and select “pay by check”, finalize your registration and then mail in your check payment.
For registration questions, contact Tiffanie Martinez at:
email@example.com or 734-785-7705, Ext. 7617
MI-AIMH Products – SALE
*sale only available to registered participants
- Infant Mental Health Home Visiting Manual (2015) – IMH Manual – it is recommended that you, or your program have a copy – available in print version or CD version
- Member $45/Non-Member $80
- Pre-order yours during the registration process to be picked up at the training and avoid $15 shipping and handling fees.