Registration is OPEN
An Introduction to Infant Mental Health Theory and Practice for Home Visitors
IMH 3-Day Training – Virtual
This VIRTUAL training provides Infant Mental Health Home Visiting professionals the opportunity to share and learn about their work through video, group discussion, and clinical observations. participants will consider new ways of working with infants, toddlers, and families that support parent infant relationships. An overview of Infant Mental Health theory, attachment, strategies, assessment, and interventions will be discussed and practiced.
MI-AIMH is committed to to offering this training on an annual basis. Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity now!
Dates, Times (Eastern Time Zone) & Speakers:
-Friday, January 21, 2022: 9:00am – 4:00pm Presented by Carol Oleksiak, LMSW, IMH-E®
-Monday, January 31, 2022: 9:00am – 4:00pm Presented by Kassandra Maple, LMSW, IMH-E®
-Friday, February 25, 2022: 9:00am – 4:00pm Presented by Carol Oleksiak, LMSW, IMH-E® & Rebecca Wheeler, MSW, IMH-E®
Attendance is required at all three days. If you are not in Michigan, please note these times are in the Eastern Time Zone.
Access: This training will be offered virtually through Zoom.
* Be careful to enter your email carefully and correctly as that is where the Zoom link will be sent as well as your certificate. Certificates will be sent within two weeks of the last day of training, ONLY to those that have paid for the training by that time. Your first and last name must show during the Zoom training in order to be counted for attendance and receive continuing education credits. If your full name is not showing you will not receive a certificate.
Continuing Education Information – 16.5 training hours:
Social Work – Approved for 16.5 Michigan SW CEU’s
IMH Endorsement® – Will count towards the requirements for the MI-AIMH Endorsement®
Licensed Professional Counselors – NBCC Hours – Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No.6867. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MI-AIMH is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
NOTE – Certificates will only be sent once your payment has been received.
Materials: Materials will be provided via email
- To learn the basic overview of Infant Mental Health Home Visiting Theory and Practice.
- To learn to observe parent and infant interactions.
- To learn how to conduct an Informal Infant Mental Health Assessment.
- To begin to understand the development of Attachment and strategies that support developing attachments
- To see and explain the “Big Picture” when analyzing situations.
- To increase awareness of self and others through reflective practice
- To articulate both the infant’s and parents’ perspectives within the context of relationships.
- To begin to understand the strategies used for home visiting in infant family work.
- To be able to keep the baby central to IMH Home Visiting work.
Key MI-AIMH Competencies:
– Infant/Young Child and Family Centered Practice
– Relationship-based, Therapeutic Practice
– Cultural Competence
– Attachment, Separation, Trauma, & Loss
– Family Relationships & Dynamics
– Responding with Empathy
– Observation and Listening
– Supporting Others
– Supportive Counseling (Levels III, IV)
– Empathy & Compassion
– Parent-Infant/Young Child Relationship-based Therapies & Practices (Levels III, IV)
– Building & Maintaining Relationships
– Psychotherapeutic & Behavioral Theories of Change (Levels III, IV)
– Self awareness, contemplation, emotional response
Registration Fees: $210 ($70/day) for Non-Members, $150 ($50/day) for MI-AIMH & Alliance State members, $100 ($33/day) for Students, $10 for continuing education
*Students must provide valid student ID, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration deadline: January 14, 2022. This training is limited to 55 seats. Registration is first come, first serve.
- To receive the MI-AIMH member registration rate, you will be asked to provide your MI-AIMH membership ID when you register. Your membership ID can be found on your My MI-AIMH profile.
- If you are NOT a current MI-AIMH member, but would like to become one and receive the reduced rate for training costs – please click here to get started: MI-AIMH membership
- If you need continuing education as a Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor, you will be required to enter your license # during the registration process – have it handy.
Cancellation policy: Notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing no later than 7 days prior to the event for a refund to be issued.
Payment Info and Options:
1. Credit Card online via PayPal – when you register you can choose to pay at the same time through PayPal. Note you do NOT need to have a PayPal account in order to use this process – you can pay and finalize your registration as a “guest” on PayPal.
2. Check – Make checks payable to MI-AIMH. Indicate the names of all staff attending the training.
Mail checks to: MI-AIMH, ATTN: Teresa Lower, 13101 Allen Road, Southgate, MI 48195
*You can complete your online registration and select “pay by check”, finalize your registration and then mail in your check payment.
For registration questions, contact Laura Sheldon at: