Registration is CLOSED – if you are interested in attending as a Walk-In please email Tiffanie at email@example.com
Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority and MI-AIMH –
Early Childhood Learning Series (Supervisors)
Understanding Reflective Supervision from the Supervisee Perspective
This workshop will present a model of reflective supervision that was developed from the experiences of supervisees. Supervisees participated in a research study to help us better understand their experience, which in turn, can help us to better understand and provide reflective supervision.
Date: Monday, September 23, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Registration begins at: 8:30 AM
Location: The Guidance Center, Center for Excellence Building (#2), 13111 Allen Rd., Southgate, MI 48195
Presenter: Carla Barron, PhD, LMSW, IMH-E®
- Identify the stages of a developmental process of reflective supervision for supervisees
- List at least two essential components of reflective supervision that are important to supervisees
- Explain a theoretical model of reflective supervision
- Increase their knowledge of the needs of supervisees in reflective supervision
- List at least two ways supervisors can support supervisees at different developmental stages of reflective supervision
- Reflect on their own experience as a reflective supervisee and ways to use their experience in supervision
Continuing Education Information – 5.5 training hours:
Social Work – Approved for 5.5 Michigan SW CEU’s
IMH Endorsement® – Will count towards the requirements for the MI-AIMH Endorsement®
NEW! Licensed Professional Counselors – NBCC Hours – Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No.6867. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MI-AIMH is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Key MI-AIMH Competencies addressed include:
Relationship Focused Therapeutic Practice
This training is sponsored generously by the Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority (DWMHA). Therefore, training attendees need to be employed by a Detroit Wayne Infant Mental Health program and a coupon code is required to register. If you work outside of Detroit-Wayne County and are interested in the training topic, please contact Tiffanie Martinez firstname.lastname@example.org, MI-AIMH Communications and Training Specialist, about the possibility of bringing this trainer to your area.
Registration deadlines: Registration will close on September 16th.
For registration questions, contact Tiffanie Martinez at: email@example.com or 734-785-7705, Ext. 7617