Professional Development Opportunity for Infant/Early Childhood Professionals
New Professional Development Opportunity for Infant and Early Childhood Professionals who work with Infants, Toddlers and Their Families!
The Michigan Department of Education is financially supporting up to 200 Infant and Early Childhood Professionals to earn the MI-AIMH Endorsement® credential by the end of 2022.
What is the MI-AIMH Endorsement®?
- The MI-AIMH Endorsement® is a credential that demonstrates experience and specialization as an Infant and Early Childhood Professional through documentation of specialized in-service trainings, support from mentors or supervisors, and acquired knowledge to promote the delivery of high quality, culturally sensitive, relationship-focused services to infants, toddlers (0-3 years), parents, other caregivers and families.
- The MI-AIMH Endorsement recognizes those who earn the credential on the Endorsement® Registry here.
- Endorsement® provides a set of competencies for professional development in the infant and family field. Endorsement® recognizes the importance of continuing education and training for professionals in the infant and family field. Those who earn the Endorsement® demonstrate their commitment to this principle as they provide services that promote infant mental health with a high level of quality and integrity.
- The IFA Endorsement is recognized on the Michigan Career Pathway at Professional Level 1.
- Applicants that earn IFA Endorsement® are encouraged to add the IMH-E® (Infant Mental Health Endorsed) credential to their signature such as:
Margaret Smith, IMHE-®
Margaret Smith, IMHE-®
Infant Family Associate
Who is eligible:
- Family/Home Infant/Toddler Child-Care Providers
- Infant and Toddler Child-Care Classroom Educators and Directors
- 0-3 Home Visitors (Early Head Start, Early On, HFA, Parents as Teachers and more)
- All professionals working with or on behalf of 0-3 year olds and their families
- To be as inclusive as possible, a maximum of five professionals per program/center location may have their Endorsement/Membership fees paid for. ( The free trainings are available in MiRegistry to anyone in Michigan who would like to attend so please feel free to share with your entire program! They do not have to participate in the Endorsement process to attend.)
The participating professionals will receive:
- 2 years of free MI-AIMH Membership ($120 Value)
- Endorsement® Application fees paid ($40 Value)
- Once the professional become Endorsed, the first $30 Renewal Fee is waived*
- All participants will be assigned an Endorsement® advisor for extra support through the process (via email and optional office hours).
- Some applicants have all the experience that is needed already to apply, while others may benefit from attending some specialized training before submitting their application. To support this process, training is being included at NO COST to help support applicants in completing their applications. These free trainings will be offered through MiRegistry (www.miregistry.org) and will cover topics like Attachment, Impact of Trauma, and Social-Emotional Development. Be sure to create an account in MiRegistry to be able to register for these free trainings**. SCECH’s are included! Be sure to check out the full list of trainings offered here: Free Training List!
*This means that the professionals who participate, will not pay anything to earn or maintain Endorsement until January 31, 2023 when they will pay $70 for one year of MI-AIMH Membership and $30 for Endorsement Renewal. These two fees will be due each year following 2023, for as long as is desired to remain active on the Endorsement® Registry here. After a professional earns IFA Endorsement®, they must also attend 15 hours of specialized training per year (online or in person) to keep their Endorsement® active.
** The free trainings are available in MiRegistry to anyone in Michigan who would like to attend so please feel free to share with your entire program! They do not have to participate in the Endorsement process to attend. To be as inclusive as possible, a maximum of five professionals per program/center location may have their Endorsement/Membership fees paid for.
1.) To express interest in completing your application in 2021 or 2022 and receiving the financial support, please complete this short form here.
2.) After completing the above form, you will receive an email from us with next steps including training information, advisor information, and office hours to help walk you through the application process. The online application process works to demonstrate that you meet the requirements found here. The application process includes:
- A tab to send reference requests to three professional references (emailed to them- they do not have to write a letter)
- A tab to enter your work experience working with or on behalf of infants and toddlers ( 0-36 months old)
- A tab to enter 30 hours of training on a variety of competencies related to: social emotional development, child development, working with caregivers, culture, relationship-based practice, etc. The total number of free training being offered is 30 hours to support this requirement.
- A tab to receive credit on the same competency areas for any course work you may have completed
- An optional tab to list if you have participated in any consultation/reflective supervision from someone endorsed already by MI-AIMH (not required)
To participate, you would agree to:
1) Work to complete your application this year or next (2021/2022)
2) Participate in survey(s) related to the project
Questions throughout the Endorsement® process can be sent to: email@example.com. Please share with others in your network that might be interested. We look forward to supporting your professional growth!
The project described was supported by the Preschool Development Grant Birth through Five Initiative (PDG B-5), Grant Number 90TP0055, from the Office of Child Care, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.