Are you searching for an organization where the impact of your donation dollars can last a lifetime? Then consider contributing to the Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health.
The mission of the Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health is to promote the social and emotional well being of babies and their families. To accomplish this goal, the organization’s body of work includes work force development through professional training, supervision, & endorsement; parent education materials; advocacy; and professional publications related to services that strengthen relationships for infants, very young children, and their families.
Key activities sponsored by MI-AIMH included:
- The development of an award winning, nationally recognized, competency based system of professional endorsement for infant -family professionals in Michigan and other states: http://mi-aimh.org/endorsement
- There are currently 14 states using the MI-AIMH Competency Guidelines and Endorsement (IMH-E®): http://mi-aimh.org/league-of-states-2012
- Specialized infant mental health trainings for professionals working in a variety of settings including health, mental health, child welfare, early care & education, and research
- In 2010 & 2011, MI-AIMH provided training to 2590 participants
- The Marven McKinney Diversity Leadership Fellowship to promote greater diversity within infant mental health related fields
- Increasing the capacity of reflective supervision/consultation providers by providing specialized training and consultation groups
- Sponsorship of a 3-day, state-wide conference for over 600 participants
- The development and sale of social and emotional learning tools for parents and professionals working with infants, toddlers and young children
- The ownership of an internationally recognized publication, the Infant Mental Health Journal, published by Wiley, Inc.
- Development of professional publications and resources such as the Reflective Supervision Training DVD: http://mi-aimh.org/products/dvd/reflective-supervision-dvd
Your tax-deductible contribution assures that MI-AIMH will continue to offer professional development opportunities and materials to dramatically affect the quality of care and service to Michigan’s youngest citizens. Use the link below to donate using a credit card, or mail a check to MI-AIMH, 13101 Allen Rd, Southgate, MI 48195