Workshop Proposal Submissions
The 2022 Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) Biennial Virtual Conference will take a closer look at the role of connection in the context of advancing our relationship-based work. We invite you to join us in this reflective experience, as we deepen our understanding of the healing power of connection; connection to ourselves, each other, systems and the infants, young children and families we support. Workshops may be clinical, applied or empirical and may address any of the following topics: promoting early development and learning, prevention, assessment, intervention, early trauma, addressing challenging behaviors, at-risk families, special needs, diversity, cross-cultural practice, research, or policy development. Within these general topic areas, proposals should consider integrative and multidisciplinary approaches to addressing the well-being of infants, young children and families. Accepted workshops will be 90 minutes in length.
The Workshop Committee is dedicated to ensuring that the conference is diverse, equitable and inclusive in selecting presentations. Committee members will work toward including of a wide array of quality workshops and content for our audience and the varied disciplines, experience and profession in the infant and early childhood field.
Timeline to Submit a Conference Workshop Proposal
- Read carefully through all of the documents and tips on this page
- IMPORTANT – Read the Workshop Instructions and Guidelines document, it includes all of the necessary information, details, process and tips required to submit a workshop proposal: 2022 Conference Workshop – Instructions, Expectations and Tips
- Workshop Proposal Applications must be fully completed and submitted online by October 7, 2021!
→TIP – wait to start your online application submission until you have gathered all of the information needed. Once you start the online process – you have 30 days to complete and “submit”. After 30 days, your information will be automatically deleted and the link will no longer be valid.
- Workshop Proposal Application: https://mi-aimh.org/2022-conference-application/
- The Conference Workshop Committee will review Workshop Proposals and making decisions in December 2021.
New to writing a workshop proposal?
Feel like some extra support would be helpful?
RSVP to our workshop proposal support calls! Ann Stacks will be facilitating three conference calls to support individuals and/or groups seeking to submit a workshop proposal for the 2022 conference. These calls will focus on providing support around the writing process, helping identify possible resources/citations, etc. The zoom calls will give you the chance to hear from other prospective workshops and work through questions with one of MI-AIMH’s most skilled and knowledgeable instructors. Please note that there is limited space in each call. If you can’t make it to one of the calls, be sure to check out the comprehensive tip sheet below under Documents (which includes helpful video feeds and a sample workshop proposal). You will also find the link for submitting your workshop proposal with our new online submission form. These calls will not influence the workshop proposal review process and will remain separate from that process.
To participate, click the link for the date you will attend and follow the steps to register. You will receive an email with the necessary Zoom link and information to join the meeting within 1-2 business days. There is limited space, be sure to register.
Friday, September 10th 12:30pm – 1:30pm (EST): https://wayne-edu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYpcumvrzwvGNOAPGE7oVOmd_uDHiQJk1t7
Tuesday, September 21st 4:00pm – 5:30pm (EST):https://wayne-edu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUtde2grz8qE9BJoOUd8voih3uJhCRhIDrJ
Monday, September 27th 12:00pm – 2:00pm (EST):https://wayne-edu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0sf-mhpzkjHNP-1TTMQBd1OqlcCzIDgazz
- Workshop Proposal Guidelines and Expectations Document: 2022 Conference Workshop – Instructions, Expectations and Tips
- Great video on using Google Scholar for references: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF5CXAgBPGM
- Support Calls – Instructions are in the Workshop Proposal Tip Sheet above
- Friday, September 10th 12:30pm – 1:30pm (EST)
- Tuesday, September 21st 4:00pm – 5:30pm (EST)
- Monday, September 27th 12:00pm – 2:00pm (EST)
- Workshop Proposal Submission – October 7, 2021
- Final selections will be made by Conference Committee – December 2021
For questions regarding the workshop submission process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org