Workshop Proposal Submissions
The 2019 Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) Biennial Conference will take a closer look at the role of connection in the context of advancing our relationship-based work. We invite you to join us in this reflective experience, as we deepen our understanding of the healing power of connection; connection to ourselves, each other, systems and the infants, young children and families we support. Workshops may be clinical, applied or empirical and may address any of the following topics: promoting early development and learning, prevention, assessment, intervention, early trauma, addressing challenging behaviors, at-risk families, special needs, diversity, cross-cultural practice, research, or policy development. Within these general topic areas, proposals should consider integrative and multidisciplinary approaches to addressing the well-being of infants, young children and families. Accepted workshops will be 90 minutes in length.
You might wonder WHY there is a two-step process to submit a Conference Workshop Proposal. The Workshop Committee is dedicated to ensuring that the conference has a large number of diverse and wide array of quality workshops and content for the our audience and their varied disciplines, experience and profession. The small snapshot included in the initial application allows the committee to look for gaps in content areas, geographic diversity, racial/ethnic diversity of the presenters, as well as have an understanding of the number of workshops being submitted. This way, if there are gaps, we can be doing purposeful reaching out to other potential presenters.
Timeline to Submit a Conference Workshop Proposal
- Read carefully through all of the documents and tips on this page
- Read the Workshop Instructions and Guidelines document: Workshop Instructions and Guidelines – it includes all of the information, details and process required to submit a workshop proposal.
- Workshop Proposals will be submitted online this year.
- NEW – The FIRST step to submit a Workshop Proposal is to complete the online Initial Application: http://mi-aimh.org/2019-conference-workshop-initial-application/ – due by September 24, 2018. The requirements are listed in the Workshop Proposal Instructions/Guidelines/Expectations document coming soon. Note that this form only needs to be completed once and only by the Lead Presenter.
- *NOTE* Initial Applications are NOT reviewed by the Workshop Committee – continue to the Full Workshop Proposal Submission
- After the Initial Application is submitted, the Lead Presenter will receive the link to access the Full Workshop Proposal submission via email, immediately and automatically. (Check your junk/SPAM)
- Workshop Proposal Applications must be fully completed and submitted online by October 5, 2018!
→TIP – wait to start your online application submission until you have gathered all of the information needed. Once you start the online process – you have 30 days to complete and”submit”. After 30 days, your information will be automatically deleted and the link will no longer be valid.
- The Conference Workshop Committee will review the Full Workshop Proposals and will be making decisions in December 2018.
NEW – Support Calls
New to writing a workshop proposal?
Feel like some extra support would be helpful?
RSVP to our workshop proposal support calls! Julie Ribaudo and Ann Stacks will be facilitating three conference calls to support individuals and/or groups seeking to submit a workshop proposal for the 2019 conference. These calls will focus on providing support around the writing process, helping identify possible resources/citations, etc. The calls will in video conference format, giving you the chance to hear from other prospective workshops and work through questions with two of MI-AIMH’s most skilled and knowledgeable instructors. If you can’t make it to one of the calls, be sure to check out the comprehensive tip sheet below under Documents (which includes helpful video feeds and a sample workshop proposal). You will also find the link for submitting your workshop proposal with our new online submission form. These calls will not influence the workshop proposal review process and will remain separate from that process.
Thursday September 6th 5:00pm – 6:00pm Julie Ribaudo RSVP by 4:00 9/5/2018
Wednesday September 19th 4:00pm – 5:00pm Ann Stacks RSVP by 4:00 9/18/2018
Thursday September 20th 5:00pm – 6:00pm Julie Ribaudo RSVP by 4:00 9/19/2018
Please RSVP to email@example.com with your email address and the desired call time. On the day of the call, a link to a BlueJeans meeting will be sent to your email account allowing you to access the call later that day.
- Workshop Proposal Guidelines and Expectations Document: Workshop Instructions and Guidelines
- Tip sheet: Workshop Proposal Tip Sheet
- Great video on using Google Scholar for references: https://www.youtube.com/
- Initial Application – September 24, 2018
- Support Calls – Instructions are in the Workshop Proposal Tip Sheet above
- Thursday, 9/6/18; 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm with Julie Ribaudo; RSVP by 4:00 pm on 9/5/18
- Wednesday, 9/19/18; 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm with Ann Stacks; RSVP by 4:00 pm on 9/18/18
- Thursday, 9/20/18; 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm with Julie Ribaudo; RSVP by 4:00 pm on 9/19/18
- Full Workshop Proposal Submission – October 5, 2018
- Final selections will be made by Conference Committee – December 2018
For questions regarding the workshop submission process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org