Workshop Proposal Submissions
The 2019 Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) Biennial Conference will take a closer look at the role of connection in the context of advancing our relationship-based work. We invite you to join us in this reflective experience, as we deepen our understanding of the healing power of connection; connection to ourselves, each other, systems and the infants, young children and families we support. Workshops may be clinical, applied or empirical and may address any of the following topics: promoting early development and learning, prevention, assessment, intervention, early trauma, addressing challenging behaviors, at-risk families, special needs, diversity, cross-cultural practice, research, or policy development. Within these general topic areas, proposals should consider integrative and multidisciplinary approaches to addressing the well-being of infants, young children and families. Accepted workshops will be 90 minutes in length.
You might wonder WHY there was a two-step process to submit a Conference Workshop Proposal. The Workshop Committee is dedicated to ensuring that the conference has a large number of diverse and wide array of quality workshops and content for the our audience and their varied disciplines, experience and profession. The small snapshot included in the initial application allows the committee to look for gaps in content areas, geographic diversity, racial/ethnic diversity of the presenters, as well as have an understanding of the number of workshops being submitted. This way, if there are gaps, we can be doing purposeful reaching out to other potential presenters.
Thank you to everyone who submitted their Full Workshop Proposal for consideration. We are very excited by the variety and the number of outstanding workshops that were submitted! The submissions are currently being reviewed by the committee. Selections and decision will be made and finalized in December 2018.
- Workshop Proposal Guidelines and Expectations Document: Workshop Instructions and Guidelines
- Tip sheet: Workshop Proposal Tip Sheet
- Great video on using Google Scholar for references: https://www.youtube.com/
- Initial Application – September 24, 2018
- Support Calls – Instructions are in the Workshop Proposal Tip Sheet above
- Thursday, 9/6/18; 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm with Julie Ribaudo; RSVP by 4:00 pm on 9/5/18
- Wednesday, 9/19/18; 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm with Ann Stacks; RSVP by 4:00 pm on 9/18/18
- Thursday, 9/20/18; 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm with Julie Ribaudo; RSVP by 4:00 pm on 9/19/18
- Full Workshop Proposal Submission – October 5, 2018
- Final selections will be made by Conference Committee – December 2018
For questions regarding the workshop submission process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org