Please email MI-AIMH Administrative Assistant if you would like to have a job related to the infant family field posted here. Job postings will be removed after 30-days.
HOME BASED COUNSELOR 0-3 SPECIALIZED
|Highfields, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Home-Based Counselor to provide direct treatment services to children under age 18 with specialization in children under the age of 3. These individuals will be providing services in Jackson/Hillsdale County.
The essential function of this position is to effectively engage with clients and families by helping them to maximize their strengths, build assets, and minimize weakness.
Wages are commensurate with education and experience.
Employee benefits are available after 90 days including options for full and part time employees: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life and Dependent Life policies, Employee Assistance Program, Short-term Disability insurance, 401k, on & offsite paid training, generous paid time off package (up to 4 weeks annually) in addition to Holiday pay.
Job duties include the following:
· Develops a working relationship with and provides direct treatment services to children under the age of 18 by engaging appropriately with clients; developing person-centered treatment plans; maintaining regular appointments with individuals and families; handling crisis situations in a therapeutic manner; and by providing treatment to clients according to service expectations and/or contractual guidelines.
· Manages case information by interacting with referral sources; preparing case assessments, progress reports and termination summaries according to prescribed procedures; and completing outcome evaluation forms in a timely manner.
· Supports treatment roles by participating in team meetings; attending staff meetings; sharing ideas, skills, expertise and observations with staff members; giving and receiving feedback in an effective manner; and by providing new ideas regarding intervention processes.
· Continues developing professional skills by using supervision as a resource; participating in agency training and professional workshops/conferences; demonstrating continuous growth in professional skills; and by managing the various pressures of the job so that no client is hurt by them.
· On a rotating basis, receives and responds to after-hours mental health emergencies and after hours referrals for services(compensated outside of normal salary).
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Masters Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or other appropriate Human Services discipline
· Minimum of two years progressive experience in providing service with families
· Experience working with children 3 and under is strongly preferred.
· Mental Health Licensure, as well as an IMH-II or higher endorsement (or willing to be waivered and seek endorsement)
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a driving record acceptable to Highfields insurance carrier
· Shall be a person of good character who possess the health, emotional stability, maturity and strength to carry out assigned duties
· Ability to show sensitivity to the service populations’ cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com