Registration is OPEN!
When Balancing Feels Like Juggling: Supporting Infants & Toddlers in Foster Care and the Many Relationships Surrounding Them (Parts 1 & 2)
This training will explore the unique needs and perspectives to be considered when providing infant mental health services to infants, toddlers and families involved in the child welfare system. Professionals supporting these vulnerable children and families find themselves struggling to balance the many needs of the baby, the parents and many caregivers and the array of professionals surrounding them. This training will cover assessment of parental capacity (i.e. what really is good enough?) and strategies for working with families who exhibit concerning attachment behaviors. We will use lecture, case material, DVD resources and small group reflective experiences to grapple with the complexities of this important work together.
Date: May 2-3, 2018
Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, check-in at 8:30 am
Location: Library Learning Resource Center (LLRC), 4135 Washtenaw Ave., Huron Room, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Presenter: Faith Eidson, LMSW, IMH-E®
Continuing Education Information – 11.0 training hours:
Social Work – Approved for 11.0 Michigan SW CEU’s
IMH Endorsement® – Will count towards the requirements for the MI-AIMH Endorsement®
NEW! Licensed Professional Counselors – NBCC Hours – Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No.6867. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MI-AIMH is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Participants will be able to describe each category of attachment in observable behaviors in the infant/toddler.
- Participants will be able to articulate clearly why attachment relationships are key when assessing children in foster care.
- Participants will be able to describe the stages of attachment relationships.
- Participants will be practice viewing an IMH foster care case through the experience of each person involved.
- Participants will be able to articulate the trauma symptoms for infants and toddlers.
- Participants will leave with 3 concrete suggestions for best practice recommendations in IMH foster care cases.
- Participants will be able to name 3 evidence-based and/or research/supported IMH intervention possibilities for infants and toddlers in foster care and their caregivers.
- Participants will leave training with ideas for “words to use,” when advocating on behalf of infants and toddlers in foster care and their families.
Key MI-AIMH Competencies addressed include: Attachment, Separation, Trauma & Loss; Family Relationships & Dynamics; Infant/young Child & Family-centered Practice; relationship-based, Therapeutic Practice; Observation & Listening; Parent-infant/very Young Child Relationship-based Therapies & Practices; Responding with Empathy; Contemplation; Curiosity; Emotional Response; Parallel Process
Registration Fees: $125.00 for non-members, $100.00 for MI-AIMH members, $10 for Social Work/Professional Counselor Continuing Education
- To receive the MI-AIMH member registration rate, you will be asked to provide your MI-AIMH membership ID when you register. Your membership ID can be found on your My MI-AIMH profile.
- If you are NOT a current MI-AIMH member, but would like to become one and receive the reduced rate for training costs – please click here to get started: MI-AIMH membership
- If you need continuing education as a Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor, you will be required to enter your license # during the registration process – have it handy.
Priority Registration will be open for members of the Washtenaw Chapter until April 12, 2018. If there are open seats still available, registration will be open to others on April 13th.
Last Day to Register – April 26, 2018
Cancellation policy: Notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing no later than 7 days prior to the event for a refund to be issued. Send notice to email@example.com
Note: Agency checks should be made payable to MI-AIMH. Please indicate the names of all staff attending the training and the name of the training.
Mail checks to: MI-AIMH, ATTN: Tiffanie Martinez, 13101 Allen Road, Southgate, MI 48195
For registration questions, contact Tiffanie Martinez at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-785-7705, Ext. 7617