Perinatal Mood Disorders
This conference will assist the attendees in the understanding, identification, and treatment for women who experience a Perinatal Mood Disorder so that they can most effectively and holistically support and assist the affected mother and her family towards wellness.
Date: October 11, 2017
Speaker: Nancy Roberts, RN, CCE, CBC
Time: 9:00am – 12:30pm
Location: Spectrum Health Healthier Communities, 665 Seward Ave NW, Suite 210, Grand Rapids 49504
There is free parking on-site.
Target audience: Nursing, Social Work, and Healthcare providers in Maternal Child Health areas: i.e. Labor and Delivery, Postpartum, OB High Risk, Pediatrics, Neonatal, Home Health, Childbirth Education, Social Service Agencies, Office personnel, etc.
- Differentiate between the symptoms of each Perinatal Mood Disorder: Baby blues, postpartum depression, postpartum anxiety/panic, postpartum obsessive/compulsive, post-traumatic stress syndrome due to childbirth, postpartum psychosis.
- Describe 6 risk factors for the Perinatal Mood Disorders.
- Identify recommended screening measures for Perinatal Mood Disorders.
- State 3 different treatment options for Perinatal Mood Disorders.
- Describe Perinatal Mood Disorder resources available to healthcare providers and consumers.Contact hours: 3.5 Nursing and 3.5 Social Work. No Fee.
Registration Information: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and leave your name, phone, and organization or call 616.391.2561