Early On & CMH Devereux Early Childhood Assessment for Infant and Toddlers (DECA I/T) Training
Date: Sept. 18, 2017
Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Location: Clinton County RESA, Redwing/Marauder Rooms, 1013 US-27, St. Johns, MI 48879
Lunch will NOT be served.
The DECA Infant Toddler Program is a strength-based assessment and planning system for children ages 4 weeks up to 36 months. Based on resilience theory, this comprehensive system is made up of a 5-step approach designed to support early childhood teachers, mental health professionals, home visitors and families in their goal of helping children develop healthy social/emotional skills and reduce challenging behaviors. Central to the DECA I/T Program is the DECA, a standardized, strength-based assessment of within-child protective factors including Attachment, Initiative and Self-regulation.
The Michigan Department of Education (MDE) and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) partner to provide training statewide in the DECA – Infant, Toddler and Preschool assessments. In Fiscal year 2017, MDE and MDHHS will continue to offer statewide DECA Infant and Toddler trainings. In place of the DECA Preschool training, MDHHS is providing the DECA Clinical training. The DECA Clinical includes the DECA Preschool assessment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Julie Helmer at email@example.com
In this one day training participants will:
- Learn about resilience theory and protective factors central to supporting infant and toddler resilience,
- Learn how to administer, score and summarize results of the Devereux Early Childhood Assessment for infants and toddlers.
- Discuss how these results can be used to support outcome measurement within the Early On® system and the CMH system.
- Gain experience with planning for individual children’s social and emotional health using DECA-I/T program resources.
- Learn strategies that are developmentally appropriate, fun and easy to do within home and group settings (for example, child care, play groups, etc.) using DECA program resources.
SBCEUs and SWCEU will be offered pending approval.
Click to register: http://eotta.ccresa.org/Event.php?ID=3127