SAVE THE DATE
IMH 3-Day Training
This training provides Infant Mental Health Home Visiting professionals the opportunity to share and learn about their work through video, group discussion, and clinical observations. participants will consider new ways of working with infants, toddlers, and families that support parent infant relationships. An overview of Infant Mental Health theory, attachment, strategies, assessment, and interventions will be discussed and practiced.
Dates: Wednesday, August 30, 2017; Thursday, August 31, 2017 & Wednesday, September 13, 2017
Attendance is required at all three days.
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Registration begins at: 8:30 AM
Presenters: Carol Oleksiak, LMSW, IMH-E®, Karol Wilson, LMSW, IMH-E® & Rebecca Wheeler, MSW, IMH-E®
CEU’s: Pending approval for 16.5 Michigan SW CEU’s and will also count toward the requirements for the MI-AIMH Endorsement®.
Key MI-AIMH Competencies:
– Infant/Young Child and Family Centered Practice
– Relationship-based, Therapeutic Practice
– Cultural Competence
– Attachment, Separation, Trauma, & Loss
– Family Relationships & Dynamics
– Responding with Empathy
– Observation and Listening
– Supporting Others
– Supportive Counseling (Levels III, IV)
– Empathy & Compassion
– Parent-Infant/Young Child Relationship-based Therapies & Practices (Levels III, IV)
– Building & Maintaining Relationships
– Psychotherapeutic & Behavioral Theories of Change (Levels III, IV)
– Self awareness, contemplation, emotional response
Registration: This training is sponsored generously by the Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority (DWMHA). Therefore, training attendees need to be employed by a Detroit Wayne Infant Mental Health program and a coupon code is required to register. If you work outside of Detroit-Wayne County and are interested in the training topic, please contact Tiffanie Martinez firstname.lastname@example.org, MI-AIMH Project Assistant, about the possibility of bringing this trainer to your area.
Registration deadline: August 23, 2017
For registration questions, contact Tiffanie Martinez at:
email@example.com or 734-785-7705, Ext. 7617