Registration is currently closed.
If you are interested in attending this training, please contact Tiffanie Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org
An Introduction to Infant Mental Health Theory and Practice for Home Visitors
IMH 3-Day Training
This training provides Infant Mental Health Home Visiting professionals the opportunity to share and learn about their work through video, group discussion, and clinical observations. participants will consider new ways of working with infants, toddlers, and families that support parent infant relationships. An overview of Infant Mental Health theory, attachment, strategies, assessment, and interventions will be discussed and practiced.
MI-AIMH is committed to to offering this training on an annual basis. We anticipate that this training will not be held again until Spring/Summer 2018. Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity now!
Dates, Times & Speakers:
-Thursday, September 7, 2017: 9:00am – 4:00pm. Presented by Carol Oleksiak, LMSW, IMH-E® & Karol Wilson, LMSW, IMH-E®
-Friday, September 8, 2017: 9:00am – 4:00pm. Presented by Carol Oleksiak, LMSW, IMH-E® & Karol Wilson, LMSW, IMH-E®
-Friday, September 22, 2017: 9:00am – 4:00pm. Presented by Carol Oleksiak, LMSW, IMH-E® & Rebecca Wheeler, MSW, IMH-E®
Registration begins at: 8:30 am each day
Attendance is required at all three days.
Kellogg Community College
Regional Manufacturing Technology Center
405 Hill Brady Rd, Room D
Battle Creek, MI 49037
Hotel Room Block:
McCamly Plaza Hotel
50 Capital Ave SW, Battle Creek, MI. 49017
Rooms are blocked for Sept. 6, 7 & 21, 2017
Rate: $99 per night
Reservation info: call 1-888-622-2659 to reserve rooms individually. Identify that you are with the Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health to ensure that you receive this group fee. Please note that they might not recognize “MI-AIMH” you might need to say the entire name of our organization.
Continuing Education Information – 16.5 training hours:
Social Work – Approved for 16.5 Michigan SW CEU’s
IMH Endorsement® – Will count towards the requirements for the MI-AIMH Endorsement®
NEW! Licensed Professional Counselors – NBCC Hours – Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health (MI-AIMH) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No.6867. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MI-AIMH is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Materials: Materials will be provided via email with instructions and the remainder will be provided on-site.
Key MI-AIMH Competencies:
– Infant/Young Child and Family Centered Practice
– Relationship-based, Therapeutic Practice
– Cultural Competence
– Attachment, Separation, Trauma, & Loss
– Family Relationships & Dynamics
– Responding with Empathy
– Observation and Listening
– Supporting Others
– Supportive Counseling (Levels III, IV)
– Empathy & Compassion
– Parent-Infant/Young Child Relationship-based Therapies & Practices (Levels III, IV)
– Building & Maintaining Relationships
– Psychotherapeutic & Behavioral Theories of Change (Levels III, IV)
– Self awareness, contemplation, emotional response
Registration Fees: $180 for non-members, $150 for MI-AIMH members, $10 for continuing education
Registration deadline: August 28, 2017. This training is limited to 50 seats. Registration is first come, first serve.
Cancellation policy: Notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing no later than 7 days prior to the event for a refund to be issued.
IMPORTANT: Agency checks should be made payable to MI-AIMH. Please indicate the names of all staff attending the training.
Mail checks to: MI-AIMH, ATTN: Tiffanie Martinez, 13101 Allen Road, Southgate, MI 48195
For registration questions, contact Tiffanie Martinez at:
email@example.com or 734-785-7705, Ext. 7617
MI-AIMH Products – SALE
*sale only available to registered participants
- Infant Mental Health Home Visiting Manual (2015) – IMH Manual – it is recommended that you, or your program have a copy – available in print version or CD version
- Member $45/Non-Member $80
- Pre-order yours during the registration process to be picked up at the training and avoid $15 shipping and handling fees.
- NEW – Reflections From the Field – Celebrating 40 Years – Reflections
- Member $50/Non-Member $85
- Pre-order yours during the registration process to be picked up at the training and get a $10 discount and avoid $10 in shipping and handling fees
PENNIES FOR BABIES CHALLENGE
Thank you for everyone’s generosity and participation with the Pennies for Babies Challenge at the 2017 MI-AIMH Biennial Conference!
Congratulations to the WINNERS – Group 1 Chapters: Northwest; Blue Water; CANEY; Jackson-Hillsdale; Northern and UP Chapters for collecting the most in weight. The proceeds from this challenge will help fund this very important training for IMH Specialists new to the field.
MI-AIMH would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the Professional Development Committee for all of their time and effort to bring this training to the new IMH clinicians across Michigan.