- To emphasize the importance of reflective supervision and consultation for best practice,
- To better assure that those providing reflective supervision and consultation are appropriately trained.
- To define competencies that assure best practice for IMH Consultants
- To guide the training and education of professionals in providing quality IMH Consultation to individuals and programs serving infants, toddlers, very young children and families in the infant and early childhood field
- To present a graphic illustration of reflective supervision components as identified by two research studies
- To use as a training tool to guide professionals in providing quality reflective supervision to infant, toddler and family providers in the infant and early childhood community
- To provide a study guide for the IMH Mentor-Clinical Endorsement® exam
- To provide relevant and vetted resources specific to reflective supervision/consultation